Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, 5 Fl. Oz
- 5 fluid ounce tube of baby eczema cream
- Recommended by dermatologists to help care for skin discomfort due to eczema
- Specially formulated for babies and gentle enough to use on babies with eczema
- Soothing colloidal oatmeal cream for eczema therapy suitable for babies
- Clinically shown to help relieve itching and minor skin irritation due to eczema.The experts at AVEENO Brand have harnessed the soothing power of ACTIVE NATURALS colloidal oatmeal and rich emollients to immediately relieve itchy, extra dry skin. Developed with leading dermatologists, this breakthrough cream soothes irritated skin and intensely moisturizes to help strengthen the skin's natural barrier function and helps prevent the recurrence of extra dry skin.
- Colloidal oatmeal retains its unique hydrating benefits and forms a protective barrier to help prevent irritation and keep a developing baby's skin soft, smooth, and naturally healthy looking.The AVEENO oatmeal formulas are also known to soothe and moisturize itchy, extra dry skin.This natural ingredient is highly recommended by dermatologists and contains a variety of components that uniquely benefit the skin.
Why AVEENO Baby?
- AVEENO scientists coupled the natural healing power of oats with modern science to develop innovative and effective, yet gentle baby care formulas rich in finely milled soothing colloidal oatmeal. ACTIVE NATURALS colloidal oatmeal retains its unique hydrating benefits and forms a protective barrier to help prevent irritation and keep a developing baby's skin soft, smooth, and naturally healthy looking.
- AVEENO Baby formulas are both gentle and effective. The baths and lotions formulas with natural oat moisturize, condition, and protect even the most delicate, sensitive skin.
- AVEENO Brand has been pediatrician recommended for over 60 years to parents who share their concern for the gentle care of developing skin.
Treating and Alleviating the Symptoms of Eczema
Taking good care of your baby's skin is crucial. Here are some tips
- Try to keep your baby's skin from becoming too dry. Talk with the doctor about how often to bathe your baby. Many experts now believe that daily bathing can be helpful for babies with eczema. Just don't make the water too warm, because very warm water dries out the skin faster than lukewarm water.Use a mild cleanser, and wash and shampoo your baby at the end of the bath so your baby isn't sitting in soapy water. As soon as you get your baby out of the tub, pat his or her skin dry (don't rub), then promptly apply a liberal amount of moisturizer or emollient - an ointment, cream, or lotion that "seals in" the body's own moisture.Allow your baby's skin to breathe (and not become overheated) by dressing him or her in smooth natural fabrics, like cotton. Avoid wool and other scratchy materials, which can irritate very sensitive skin.Switch to mild, fragrance-free cleansers and shampoos, or those made for sensitive skin. Use mild, fragrance-free detergent for washing your baby's clothes and bedding. Avoid fabric softeners.Rapid changes in temperature can make eczema worse, so try not to let your baby get too hot and then cool quickly, or vice versa. Help your baby avoid scratching. Your baby may try to get relief by scratching or by rubbing his or her face against the sheet when sleeping. But scratching and rubbing can further irritate or inflame the skin and make matters much worse.Use the softest sheets possible in the crib, and keep your baby's nails short. Put him or her to bed with cotton mittens or socks on his or her hands, if your baby will tolerate them. During a flare-up, you can try applying cool compresses to the area several times a day, followed by a moisturizer.
- Recommended by dermatologists for over 60 years, AVEENO combines the best of nature and science to reveal the natural beauty of your skin. AVEENO uses select natural ingredients because of their advanced benefits; we call these ACTIVE NATURALS, natural ingredients uniquely formulated to deliver visible results.
What's in the Box
- AVEENO Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, 7.3-Ounce Tube.
- In a clinical study by the leading eczema research center, over 90% of babies showed improvement in multiple symptoms of eczema including roughness, dryness, itchiness, and scaling when used daily.
- For external use only. When using this product: do not get into eyes. Stop use and ask a doctor if: condition worsens; symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, panthenol, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, avena sativa (oat) kernel oil, steareth-20, benzalkonium chloride, ceramide np, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, sodium chloride.
- Colloidal Oatmeal (1%). Purpose: Skin Protectant. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Steareth-20, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ceramide NP, Sodium Chloride, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract.
- Apply as needed.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product