Detachol Adhesive Remover 4 oz
- Does not contain acetone, benzene, or chloroform
- Fragrance will not irritate the eyes or nose
- Detachol Adhesive Remover 4 oz Gentle, non-irritating, adhesive remover
- Works well around the face
- Detachol Adhesive Remover is a gentle, non-irritating, adhesive remover used to remove dressings, wound closure strips, tapes, tubes, and, of course, Mastisol Liquid Adhesive
- Detachol works well around the face since the pleasant fragrance will not irritate the eyes or nose
- Detachol Adhesive Remover 4 oz does not contain acetone, benzene, chloroform, or ether
- Help Prevent Skin Tears:Avoid the physical, emotional and monetary costs that can result from preventable adhesive removal-related skin trauma and tears. Detachol won’t compromise the skin barrier.
- Help Reduce Risk Of Infection:Skin tears and bacteria breeding in leftover adhesive residue can be potential sources of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). Detachol completely removes residue in which bacteria can breed
- Improve Efficiency:Save nursing time by making dressing removal quick and painless. Usually one single-use vial is all that is needed to remove your average dressing. Detachol completely removes adhesive and its residue
- Help Ease Pain:Eliminate or reduce patient anxiety and pain during dressing removal. Detachol is safe to use on all skin types, including pediatric and geriatric patients
- Saturate a small piece of absorbent cotton or cotton tip applicator with Detacho
- Gently lift corner of attached material and apply to adhesive side, gently pulling at the same time
- Adhesive bond will loosen without pain
- Continue application until adhesive is completely removed
- Clean the area with alcohol or soap and water
- Clean the excess promptly; avoid prolong contact with skin
- Contains petroleum distillates. Avoid contact with broken skin
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately
- FLAMMABLE. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Customer Questions & Answers:
What is Detachol?
Detachol is a non-irritating adhesive remover used to aid in the removal of dressings, tapes and most sticky residue from the skin and other surfa
What the ingredients of Detachol?
Specially Refined Paraffin Hydrocarbons
What is Detachol used for?
Below please find a list of hospital departments in which Detachol is frequently used:
- Pediatrics:Wound Dressing Removal, IV Dressing Removal, Catheter Securement Device Removal,ET & NG Tube Removal
- Hematology/Oncology:IV Dressing Removal, Wound Dressing Removal
- Intensive Care Units:IV Dressing Removal, Catheter Securement Device Removal, Wound Dressing Removal,ET & NG Tube Removal
- Emergency Room:Dressing Changes
- Operating Room:Tape and Adhesive Residue Removal, ET Tube Removal
- Wound Ostomy:Wound Dressing Removal, Removal of Ostomy Appliances, Removal of NPWT Drapes
- Respiratory Therapy:ET Tube & NG Tube Removal
- IV Therapy:IV Dressing Removal, Catheter Securement Device Removal
- Sleep Lab/Telemetry:Lead and Residue Removal
What are the unique benefits of Detachol?
Unique benefits include:
- Gentle Removal:Alcohol- and acetone-free product that improves patient comfort
- Reduced Risk:Easy adhesive removal helps reduce the chance of skin tears or skin irritation
- Convenience:A convenient easy-to-use vial will do the job of multiple remover wipes, saving health care professional time
- Complete Removal:With Detachol, adhesive residue in which bacteria can breed, will not be left behind
- Mild Scent:Will not irritate patients that may be very sensitive to harsh odors
How does Detachol compare to other adhesive removers?
Detachol will not dry the skin. It will not degrade nurses’ gloves like other alcohol-based adhesive removers. It comes in a variety of convenient sizes, including single-use vial packaging. The vial effectively distributes the remover to the desired areas. Nurses report that numerous remover wipes are needed to accomplish the removal of a simple dressing.Whereas, a Detachol vial will easily melt the adhesive away. This saves time and reduces patients’ pain and anxiety
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous Manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product