XeroSox Waterproof Cast Protector Leg
XeroSox Waterproof Cast Protector fits snugly and comfortably, telling you that it is maintaining an airtight, absolutely waterproof seal before you even get in the water. There are no surprises. You feel this watertight seal while you are showering, bathing, or even swimming and splashing about. It fits so well, you can’t even pull it off!
All other cast protectors are loose bags that just try to keep water out with a tight cuff. You can’t tell if they are leaking or not, and when they move around or slip down, you get a leak. Not good enough.
XeroSox Safe Nonslip Sole: The unique nonslip molded sole is specially designed for smooth, wet, slippery surfaces. And because the nonslip tread is fitted snugly against the foot and cast, there is no slipping around inside XeroSox either. The foot covered with XeroSox actually has much better traction and stability than your bare foot.
- Plaster Casts - Water simply destroys a plaster cast, and the wet skin underneath becomes macerated and breaks down.
- Fiberglass Casts - If you get a fiberglass cast wet, it stays wet and cold for hours afterwards. And it gets your clothes wet too!
- PICC Line Protection - Preventing PICC line infection is serious business, and keeping it clean and dry is essential.
- External Fixation, Healing Wounds - Must be kept clean and dry to prevent infection.
- Prosthesis Protection - Easier than prosthesis removal, and you can stand up in the shower, or in the waves.
- Immediate Post Op Hydrotherapy - Prevent swelling from developing, increase joint mobility, speed recovery. Used by physical therapists and trainers for professional athletes.
Measuring for the XeroSox
Measure Limb Circumference:
Leg: Measure the circumference of the leg just above the cast or bandage. If the end of the cast is very close to the knee, measure mid thigh.
Leg: Measure from the back of the heel to where the circumference was measured. For younger children the full arm and full leg XeroSox offer the best fit; measure from their mid bicep or mid thigh. Don't worry if the XeroSox is longer than it needs to be. Move the extra length to the middle of the limb, the excess material will just shrink in on itself when the vacuum is created.
Use Size Charts:
Using the size charts select the XeroSox size that is right for you or your patient. The circumference is more important than the length because it is critical for a good seal. *Note the half arms and half legs are not normally used for children. Pediatric patients almost always use full arm or leg XeroSox.
The circumference measurement is very important for proper sizing, excess length is not a problem.
We CANNOT resell this product due to hygiene considerations. Doing so would put our customers at risk of infection. Therefore we CANNOT ACCEPT RETURNS AND DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS on this item.