SIMILAC PM 60/40 Low-Iron Infant Formula 14.1 OZ
- A 20 Cal/fl oz formula for infants who would benefit from lowered mineral intake, including those with impaired renal function. Use under medical supervision.
- Mineral levels closely approximating the mineral content of human milk (60:40 ratio of whey to casein).
- Calcium-to-phosphorus ratio and content designed to manage serum calcium disorders—both hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia.
- Additional iron should be supplied from other sources.
- In conditions where the infant is losing abnormal quantities of one or more electrolytes, it may be necessary to supply electrolytes from sources other than the formula.
- It may be necessary to supply low-birth-weight infants weighing less than 1500 g at birth additional calcium, phosphorus, and sodium during periods of rapid growth.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns can result.
Directions for Preparation and Use
- Your baby's health depends on carefully following these easy directions. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples and rings before use.Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour desired amount of water into a clean bottle (see mixing guide).
- Add 1 unpacked level scoop (8.7 g) to each 2 fl oz of water
- Return dry scoop to can.
- Cap bottle; shake well; attach nipple.
- Once oral feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
- Once mixed, store bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Store unopened or opened container at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.