Metamucil Multi Health Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium by Meta, 120 Count
- Metamucil with 100% natural psyllium fiber is the only leading fiber supplement brand containing psyllium fiber for multihealth benefits.
- No: 1 Doctor recommended brand
- Strive to Thrive. Up the fiber in your diet with Meta, a small, simple step to power your health from the inside!
- The only leading fiber supplement brand with 100% natural psyllium fiber
- Rooted in Nature. Backed by science. Inspiring change
An Excellent Source of Calcium
- Metamucil 4-in-1 Multi-Health Fiber Capsules is the #1 Doctor recommended brand. With 100% natural psyllium fiber that:Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels as part of your diet: Metamucil fiber forms a viscous gel that that traps some sugars and carbohydrates, which are slowly released and absorbed into the body, helping maintain healthy blood sugar levels.Helps lower cholesterol to promote heart health: Metamucil capsules provide a convenient way to help reduce your risk of heart disease by adding psyllium fiber to your heart-healthy diet. See below for information about soluble fiber and heart disease.Helps promote digestive health: The psyllium fiber in Metamucil capsules helps maintain regularity and can be used to treat occasional constipation.Excellent source of calcium: Adequate calcium throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One adult serving of Metamucil capsules has at least 1.8 grams of this soluble fiber.
What is Psyllium Fiber
- Psyllium husk, a natural dietary fiber originating from plantago ovata, has been the source of both soluble and insoluble fiber in Metamucil for 80 years. Studies suggest that the psyllium in Metamucil works differently because it gels in your digestive system, providing Multi-Health benefits for your overall health
Q1.What’s the scientific or medical evidence for the heart health claim?
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewed extensive scientific data including numerous clinical studies to determine that psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may help lower cholesterol to reduce the risk of heart disease when part of a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet. See below for information about soluble fiber and heart disease
Q2.How can Metamucil help me maintain healthy blood sugar levels?
- The psyllium in Metamucil forms a viscous gel, which traps some sugars as the gel moves down the intestine. Trapped sugars are slowly released and absorbed into the body helping the body maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Q3.How does Metamucil work for laxation?
- Metamucil contains a bulk-forming fiber without any chemical stimulants. The active ingredient, psyllium, is a harvested grain that absorbs and holds moisture. This causes the psyllium to swell, supplying the necessary bulk to help form an easily eliminated stool. Metamucil will not cause immediate evacuation but generally produces an effect in 12 to 72 hours.
Q4.Can Metamucil be used past the expiration date?
- If your Metamucil has expired, please don't use it. The expiration date is on Metamucil because we have research to show that the ingredients are stable until the expiration date, if stored according to label instructions. Please discard any expired product in your trash can. Do not pour Metamucil down your drain.Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One adult serving of Metamucil capsules has at least 1.8 grams of this soluble fiber.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product