Fleet pedia-lax oral docusate sodium liquid stool softener, fruit punch - 4 oz
- Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener is designed for less urgent cases when you want gradual relief over a 12- to 72-hour period.
- It works gently on their systems and comes in a fruit-punch-flavored liquid that mixes easily with their favorite juice or a glass of milk.
- Formulated for kids ages 2-11
- Designed for less urgent cases when you want gentle, gradual relief in 12-72 hours
- Contains docusate sodium, a gentle stool softener that helps prevent constipation
- Fruit-punch-flavored liquid mixes with your child’s favorite juice or milk
- Kid-friendly, easy-to-dose formula
- Contents: 4 fl. oz. per bottle
- Drug facts (PDF)
For ages 2-11: 1-3 tablespoons mixed with juice or milk
Customer Questions and Answers:
Q1. Why do I need to add juice or milk?
- The active ingredient in the Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener is docusate sodium. This can taste strong by itself and juice or milk helps to mask the medicine’s taste.
Q2. What is the best liquid to use?
- We’ve tested the Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener with apple juice, orange juice, grape juice, fruit punch and milk. All work well when combined with the Liquid Stool Softener. We do not recommend mixing this product with water.
Q3. I accidentally gave this to my child without mixing it with juice or milk. Is it OK?
- Yes, there is no danger in giving this product straight from the bottle. The medicine, however, will taste stronger and your child may not like it as much as they would with milk or juice. We suggest drinking extra fluids, if the Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener was taken without juice or milk. This will help to soothe any minor throat irritation that could occur.
Q4. Is it OK to give my child the Liquid Stool Softener along with any of your other Pedia-Lax products?
- We do not recommend using more than one laxative product within a dosing period. Remember, when using laxative products, be sure to follow the dosing instructions on the packaging.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product