- Aqua-E is liquid water-soluble micellized vitamin E formulated for enhanced absorption.
- Aqua-E is a dietary supplement that supplies the complete vitamin E family of tocopherols and tocotrienols in a micellized, water-soluble form that is ready for absorption.
- Aqua-E forms micelles which enable absorption of lipophilic vitamin E in the body, even when the liver, pancreas and the digestive system do not function normally.
- Aqua-E is formulated with TPGS (d-alpha-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate) to maximize absorption of vitamin E.
- Aqua-E is odorless and has a neutral taste. It mixes easily with most beverages and water.
- Dosing can be adjusted to meet the needs of children and those with special needs.
- Aqua-E is gluten & casein free (GF/CF) and is free of animal products, yeast, wheat, added colors or flavors, sweeteners and salt, and is suitable for vegetarians.
- Aqua-E is produced under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards at an FDA inspected facility, and is tested by an independent laboratory for quality and purity.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
Aqua-E Absorption is Supported by Clinical Data
- Aqua-E produced a marked and statistically significant increase in the absorption of the gamma-tocopherol form of vitamin E in malabsorbing patients as compared to an oil-based softgel formulation.Aqua-E produces an increase in blood levels (AUC-area under the curve) of the tocopherols that ranged from 2 to 4 times higher than an equal amount of the oil-based vitamin E.
Aqua-E Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 mlServings per 8oz bottle: 237||Amount per serving||% Daily Value†≤ 4 yrs||% Daily Value†≥ 4 yrs|
|Other Tocopherols||15 mg||*||*|
Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. * Daily Value (DV) not established.
- water, d-alpha-tocopheryl polyehtylene glycol 1000 succinate (TPGS), potassium sorbate, sorbic acid, linoleic acid.Free of: animal products, yeast, wheat, added colors, flavors, or sweeteners, and salt.Gluten and Casein Free
Absorption of Vitamin E: Oil and Water Do Not Mix, or Do They?
- We are water-based organisms – water makes up more than half of our weight. The blood, the lifeline that carries the nutrients and nourishes all our tissues is water-based. Vitamin E, however, is fat-soluble. Oil and water do not mix.The body has to overcome this problem and micelles are the body’s solution. The fat material is put into these unique tiny spheres with a water-loving (hydrophilic) outer layer and is ferried from the gut across the intestinal wall into the blood stream.To make micelles, two major components are absolutely required: Bile – a yellow-green liquid produced in the liver and secreted into the gut. The bile helps emulsify the fat in our diet and provides components of the outer layer of the micelles. Pancreatic juice, a secretion delivered into the upper part of the small intestine (duodenum), where it aids digestion. In the blood stream vitamin E is transported by lipoproteins, the vehicles that transport lipid materials in our body. These are minute spheres with a water friendly outer layer, which allows them to circulate freely in the blood. They carry vitamin E and other lipids in their lipophilic interior.
Vitamin E Malabsorption: Common, Extremely Serious and Preventable by Andreas M. Papas, Ph.D., vitamin E researcher and author of The Vitamin E Factor book
- It may be hard to believe that in the midst of an abundance of food and a plethora of supplements, many people would develop clinical vitamin E deficiency. A dramatic example is cholestasis, a condition in which excretion of the bile is stopped. Cholestatic children develop very serious and often fatal degenerative neurological diseases due to malabsorption of vitamin E. While serious cholestasis is rare, many other common diseases and physiological conditions cause varying degrees of malabsorption with subclinical deficiency. Unfortunately, vitamin E deficiency may go undetected for decades but the cumulative damage to muscle and nerves is debilitating and irreversible.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product