Alkalol Liquid - 16 Oz
- ALKALOL is a versatile saline-based mucus solvent and cleaner that can be used as a nasal wash, oral rinse, or throat gargle to provide drug-free relief from the symptoms of allergies, sinusitis, chronic congestion, post nasal drip, and throat and mouth irritation.
- ALKALOL’s unique blend of naturally antispetic ingredients are strong enough to dissolve mucus, kill bacteria, and inhibit the growth of mold and fungi, which the Mayo Clinic has identified as the leading cause of sinusitis. But ALKALOL is also gentle enough for daily cleansing of the throat, mouth, nose, and sinuses.
- ALKALOL’s special mix of salts are hypertonic – the type of saline recommended in many recent medical studies.
- Uniquely soothing and refreshing.
- Preservative free.
Purified Water (USP); Menthol; Eucalyptol; Thymol; Camphor; Benzoin; Oils of Wintergreen, Spearmint, Pine, and Cinnamon; Potassium Alum; Potassium Chlorate; Sodium Bicarbonate; Sodium Chloride; Alcohol (2/100 of 1%); Caramel Color.
Customer Questions and Answers
1.How does nasal irrigation work?
- Alkalol’s blend of natural ingredients helps clean mucus from your nasal passages. During nasal irrigation, Alkalol flows through your sinuses clearing irritants such as dust and pollen. It also helps improve overall nasal hygiene by preventing mucus from gathering in your sinuses where it can become the breeding ground for bacteria. Alkalol helps you breathe easier.
- Some people use Alkalol when they feel a cold coming on. Others use it daily as a preventative measure. Alkalol is formulated for use as often as needed and we believe it remains your choice as to how often you use it.
- Alkalol is intended for use at variable strengths depending on personal preference and thickness of mucus. We recommend starting with a “mild” dose and adjusting accordingly. Alkalol is recommended for use with the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup. But please feel free to use it with another nasal pot or irrigation device. Just remember that each delivery system is different and you may want to adjust the amount of Alkalol to compensate. Please consult the following directions or download the instructions by clicking here.
- If this is your first time using a nasal wash, it may take some practice to become comfortable with it but the benefits far outweigh the challenges.
- STEP 1: Thoroughly rinse and dry your Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup, removing any dust that may have settled in or on it.
- STEP 2: Add Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup following the guide below: Alkalol nasal cup
Solution StrengthMild: Add one teaspoon of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 20%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water
Solution StrengthSolution StrengthMedium: Add two teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 40%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water
Solution StrengthSolution StrengthSolution Strength Strong: Add three teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 60%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water
Solution StrengthSolution StrengthSolution StrengthSolution StrengthVery Strong: Add four teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 80%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water
- STEP 3: Holding one finger over the larger opening, place the spout end of the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup into one nostril.
- STEP 4: While facing forward, release your finger.
The Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup allows Alkalol to flow naturally and gently into one nostril, across the nasal cavity and out the other nostril. Do not inhale, gravity will allow the solution to flow properly. You may tilt your head slightly to one side if you like.
The Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup is specifically designed to properly regulate the flow to be comfortable and effective. Inhaling can interrupt the flow and may cause unnecessary discomfort. This part may take some practice, but after the first few attempts you’ll be on your way.
- STEP 5:Blow through your nose without closing off either nostril. This is recommended because if one nostril is closed, forceful blowing could injure your inner ear. Always blow gently.
- STEP 6: Repeat steps 2-5 in the opposite nostril.
- STEP 7: Rinse your Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup thoroughly with distilled, sterile, or boiled and cooled water. Dry with a paper towel or let it air dry between uses.
- Should you experience any irritation or burning sensations, there are some likely culprits:
- Solution is too weak: Rinsing your nasal passages with plain water will result in a burning sensation.
- Make sure there is enough Alkalol in your mix.
- Solution is too strong: Make sure Alkalol is thoroughly mixed by shaking well or try a milder solution.
- Water temperature: If the water temperature is either too hot or too cold, you may experience discomfort. Aim for a lukewarm temperature. Remember to test the water first with your finger.
- Boldly refreshing: Upon initial use, you may experience an invigorating sensation lasting a few seconds. This sensation is part of the process that allows Alkalol to work.
- Neti pots & other nasal irrigation devices
- Many people use Alkalol in neti pots and other rinse devices. Some tips to remember:
- An Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup holds 1 fluid ounce. Many neti pots hold 8 fl oz. Simply follow the directions above, adjusting the amount accordingly.
- When using a neti pot, or other large-volume irrigation device, we recommend mixing Alkalol with a salt water solution instead of plain water to ensure the best experience. Too much plain water in the mix can cause a burning sensation.
- Wash and dry your hands before using your nasal rinse device and make sure you clean and dry your nasal rinse device before and after use.
WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. For children under 3 years of age consult a physician. Avoid swallowing. Do not use if safety seal on bottle is broken or missing.