Ear Planes Children's Ear Plugs, Disposable - 1 Pair
- Earplanes for Children are designed to fit into a child's ear to lessen the pain caused by changes in cabin pressure when ascending and descending during a flight.
- Also excellent when mountain driving.
- Recommended by Doctors.
- Safe, soft and disposable.
- Relieves air pressure and reduces harsh noise naturally with the CermaX Filter.
- Also suitable for adults with smaller ears.
- Contains one pair of ear plugs.
- Made from soft hypoallergenic silicone.
- Noise reduction rating 20 Decibels.
- Before inserting, pinch the nose and blow to clear your ears.
- For maximum results use your opposite hand to pull the top of your ear upward.
- Insert the ribbed end and turn like a corkscrew.
- For best results, always insert EarPlanes one hour before landing.
- Remove after landing and when the cabin door is opened.
- Chronic sufferers may also insert EarPlanes just before takeoff.
- EarPlanes may be removed when the airplane reaches maximum altitude.
Customer Questions and Answers:
Q1. What are Earplanes?
- EarPlanes are a patented pressure-regulating earplug inserted in the ear to help reduce discomfort often associated with air travel. They were developed by Cirrus Healthcare Products LLC in conjunction with the House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, and have been tested by US Navy aviators at the Miramar Naval Air Station in San Diego.
Q2. How do EarPlanes work?
- Ear DiagramEarPlanes consist of two elements: a hypoallergenic silicone ear plug and a ceramic pressure regulator. The silicone earplug has four circumferential rings which provide an airtight seal between the product and ear canal. The ceramic element is a controlled porosity filter, one end of which is exposed to the external cabin pressure, with the opposite end exposed to the sealed chamber formed when the ear plug is inserted in the ear. Thus, as the cabin air pressure changes, a pressure differential is created across the ceramic filter, thereby causing air to flow through the filter. The filter acts as an impedance to the flow of air into and out of the ear canal.
- Discomfort is caused by blockage and/or swelling of a passengers Eustachian tube(s). The air pressure changes induced by the aircraft's descent are too rapid for the blocked Eustachian tubes to adjust properly. However, EarPlanes, provide an equal but opposite impedance on the exterior of the middle ear, allowing relief. Discomfort is reduced because the air pressure difference on the exterior and interior of the middle ear is lessened allowing the Eustachian tubes to function more normally.
Q3.Who should use EarPlanes?
- EarPlanes are intended for people with sensitive ears or people who must fly even though suffering with a cold, allergy or sinus condition. A pediatric version is available for children 1 to 11 years of age.
- We do not recommend use of EarPlanes in the event of severe sinus congestion (completely blocked Eustachian tubes).
Q4. Are there any other benefits to EarPlanes?
- EarPlanes also act as noise suppression ear plugs. Many users report that EarPlanes seem to filter out much of the objectionable high frequency noise generated by aircraft engines. Most importantly though, airline flight safety announcements may still be heard (and headsets worn) by users
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.