DMI Margo Moo Compressor Nebuliser Kit
- Mabis Margo Moo Compressor Nebulizer Kit is the latest compressor nebulizer for children. Children love it and it is adorable!
- The pediatric nebulizer kit is durable, dependable, lightweight easy to transport with built-in carrying handle and compact size is perfect for little hands
- The Margo Moo nebulizer is ideal for children and can help take away some of the fear associated with giving breathing treatments
- Margo Moo is child friendly and comes with a barn style canvas tote bag. It is easy to tote and comes complete with nebulizer kit
- Compressor/Nebulizer MARGO MOO offers a fun, child-friendly way to administer dependable and efficient treatments with clinical accuracy
- Designed to increase compliance, the Margo Moo Compressor Nebulizer provides an entertaining and calming focus for children throughout aerosol medication treatments
- Children feel comfortable and more at ease and they can even help with their treatments, with the easy to use one-button operation
- Comes complete with child facemask, angled mouthpiece, medication cup, 7 ft. tubing, 5 air filters and barn-style canvas tote bag with front zippered storage pocket
- Offers a friendly face during aerosol medication treatments
- The dependable piston-style pump ensures consistent treatments year after year
- 5-Year Warranty
- Latex Free
- Child Mask specifically designed for kids
- Angled mouthpiece
- 5 air filters
- Canvas Tote Bag
- Detailed guidebook in English & Spanish
- Size:7" x 7-3/4" x 4-1/2"
- Weight:3.6 lbs.
- Particle Size:0.5 to 10 microns
- Compressor Pressure:Max. 36 psi
- Compressor Flow:6 - 8 lpm
- Quantity:1 Nebulizer
- Latex Free
Please consult with your physician or therapist prior to cleaning regarding the use of commercial disinfectants and appropriate cleaning methods.
Rinsing Technique(Performed after each treatment):
- Make sure that the POWER switch has been turned to the “off” position and the unit has been disconnected from the power source
- Disconnect the air tube from the base of the Nebulizer
- Gently twist and pull up on the cover of the Nebulizer to open and separate, Fig. 1
- Rinse the Nebulizer and components with hot tap water
- Dry with clean towels or allow to completely air dry
- Reassemble the Nebulizer and store the parts in the Compressorʼs storage compartment
Cleaning Technique: (Performed after the last treatment of the day or before first time use):
- Follow steps 1-4 under “RinsingTechnique”
- Wash all Nebulizer parts, mouthpiece and other optional components in warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse in hot tap water
- Note: For first time cleaning or after the unit has been stored for an extended period of time, thoroughly clean all components
- Prepare a vinegar/distilled water solution of one part white vinegar to three parts distilled water
- Submerge the rinsed parts in the vinegar/ distilled water solution for 30 minutes
- Follow steps 4-6 under “Rinsing Technique”
Cleaning the Compressor
Unplug the unit from the power source.Wipe the compressor daily using a soft,slightly water-moistened cloth.
Note: Any other form of cleaning or cleaning agents may damage the finish on the unit.
Changing the Air Filter
It is important to change the air filter approximately every 30 days or when the air filter turns gray
- Lift up the air filter cover by gently pulling forward,Fig. 2
- Discard the gray air filter
- Replace with a new,clean air filter
- Securely reattach the air filter cover to the unit by pressing down firmly
Note: Air filters cannot be cleaned or washed. Only Margo Moo air filters can be used. Do not substitute alternate material such as cotton. Do not operate without an air filter
Assembling Your Nebulizer
Follow the cleaning instructions in this guidebook under “Cleaning Technique” prior to using your nebulizer for the first time or after it has been stored for an extended period of time
Remember: Always unplug the Compressor and make sure the POWER switch is turned to the “off” position before cleaning, assembling and before or after each use
- Place the Compressor on a flat, stable surface within reach, Fig. 3.
- Remove the contents (Nebulizer,mouthpiece and air tube) from the tote carrying bag
- Gently twist and pull straight up on the lid of the Nebulizer to separate into two parts (medicine cup and cover)
- Make sure that the purple jet is properly installed inside the medicine cup. (The stem inside the medicine cup inserts into the tube of thepurple jet), Fig. 4.
- Add the prescribed amount of medication to the medication cup, Fig. 5.
- Reassemble the Nebulizer by carefully twisting the medicine cup and cover together. Make sure that the two parts fit securely
Operating Your Nebulizer
Note: The Nebulizer is operable at up to a 45o angle
- Attach one end of the air tube connector to the air stem, Fig. 6
- Carefully attach the opposite end of the air tubing connector to the stem at the base of the Nebulizer, Fig. 7.
- Attach the angled mouthpiece or mask to the top of the Nebulizer, Fig. 8
If using the optional tee adapter set,
a) Attach the tee adapter to the top of the Nebulizer,
b) Connect one end of the tee adapter to the straight mouthpiece and the other to the extension tube.
Note: The tee adapter is not needed when using a mask
- Check that the POWER switch is in the “off” position. Plug the power cord into a main outlet
- Press the POWER switch to the “on” position
- Start your treatment according to your physicianʼs or therapistʼs instructions
Note: The crescent-shaped groove on the side of the compressor can be used to support the nebulizer during treatments, Fig. 9.
- Once the treatment is complete, press the POWER switch to the “off” position and unplug the power cord from the outlet
IMPORTANT: The Compressor will automatically shut off if it becomes overheated. If/when this happens, immediately:
- Press the POWER switch to the “off” position
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet
- Allow the motor to cool for 30 minutes. Before restarting the unit, make sure that the air vents are not obstructed
After Every Use
- Unplug the unit from the power source
- Allow the unit to completely cool
- Carefully detach the air tubing from the Nebulizer and pour out any remaining medication
- Follow the cleaning procedures provided in this guidebook
Please use general safety precautions when operating your Nebulizer.
This unit should be used only for (1) its intended purpose as described in this guidebook, and (2) with medications only under the supervision and instruction of your physician.
To avoid electrical shock:
- Keep unit away from water
- Do not handle the unit or power cord with wet hands
- Do not immerse the unit in liquid
- Do not use while bathing
- Do not reach for a unit that has fallen into water – immediately unplug the unit.
Do not use the unit if it has any damaged parts (including power cord or plug), if it has been submersed in water or dropped.Promptly send the unit for examination and repair
- The unit should not be used where flammable gas, oxygen or aerosol spray products are being used
- Keep the air vents open. Do not place the unit on a soft surface where the openings can be blocked
- If the medicine cup is empty, do not attempt to operate the unit
- If any abnormality occurs, discontinue use until the unit has been examined and repaired
- The unit should not be left unattended while plugged in
- Do not tilt or shake the unit when in operation
- Disconnect the unit from the electrical outlet before cleaning and after each use
- Do not use attachments unless recommended by the manufacturer
- Close adult supervision is highly recommended when this unit is used by children or invalids
- Keep your eyes away from the output of medication mist
- The maximum capacity of the medicine cup is 13cc and should not be overfilled
- Do not use this unit while operating a vehicle
- If any discomfort or abnormality occurs, stop using the unit immediately
- Do not store the unit in direct sunlight, high temperature or humidity
- Keep the unit out of reach of small children
- Always keep the unit unplugged while not in use
- Check the air filter, Nebulizer, mouthpiece,and any other optional components before each use
- Dirty or worn parts should be replaced
- Do not immerse the unit in water. It will damage the unit
- Disconnect the unit from the electrical outlet before cleaning
- Clean all necessary parts after each use as instructed in this guidebook
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product