Carmex For Cold Sores Lip Balm Tube - 12 X 0.35 Oz
- The not-too-thick, never-waxy Original Tube is our best-selling lip balm for dry lips.
- Glides on smoothly to help soften and hydrate lips with cocoa butter and a touch of mineral oil
- Contains lanolin, which mimics the way your skin naturally retains moisture
- Provides cooling pain relief with camphor and menthol
- Camphor 1.7%.......................External Analgesic
- Menthol 0.7%.........................External Analgesic
- petrolatum, lanolin, cetyl esters, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, mineral oil, beeswax, flavor, salicylic acid, phenol
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to lips not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- Children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
Customer Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is Carmex tested on animals?
- We never test on animals. Carmex founder Alfred Woelbing believed animal testing to be uselessly and needlessly cruel, and that stance against animal testing has remained a part of our culture for almost 80 years. All Carmex products undergo a thorough chemical analysis before they leave our facility. Many Carma Laboratories, Inc., products are over the counter and, as such, we run specific analyses to ensure that all testing regulations and requirements by government jurisdictions, such as the FDA, are met and that our products are safe and effective for our consumers
Q2. What does SPF mean?
- Sun protection factor. SPF measures the level of ultraviolet protection, with higher numbers indicating greater protection. But SPF alone doesn’t provide the full story: be aware of not just how long you’re in the sun, but also the time of day, geographic location, and weather.
- UV rays are made up of multiple wavelengths; two of these wavelengths are UVA and UVB. Both of these waves can cause premature skin aging and cancers, especially UVA rays, which can penetrate clouds and glass and comprise up to 95% of the radiation to which your skin is exposed.
- Although less prevalent, UVB rays are the ones that cause your skin to turn red and burn. Your best bet for protection: Stay out of the sun from 10 AM. to 2 PM, shelter your skin with UV-blocking clothes and hats, and don’t be shy with lotions and SPF lip balms that include effective, broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
Q3. Why does Carmex tingle when you put it on?
- Two natural ingredients in our lip balms camphor and menthol give Carmex a cooling effect and help relieve the irritation of rough, chapped lips.
Q4. Does Carmex contain gluten?
- Nope, not even a speck. There is no gluten in any of our ingredients. We do not use flour in our manufacturing process, so there’s no chance of any trace of it on our conveyor belts.
Q5. My Carmex stained my clothes in the wash. What do I do?
- We recommend spot-treating with Era Plus laundry detergent or Dawn dish soap, allowing it to soak for about 30 minutes. Launder as usual, and repeat if necessary. You can also take your clothes to a dry cleaner. Be sure to tell them that the grease-based stains are petrolatum, lanolin, cocoa butter, beeswax, and paraffin.
Q6. Does the formula change for the different forms of Carmex?
- Although they are all based on our original medicated lip balm formula from 1937, each lip balm product is slightly different. The hydrating squeeze tube includes a small amount of mineral oil to keep the lip balm soft in cold weather. The stick forms of our medicated lip balm have a bit of botanical wax with a higher melting temperature for the opposite reason: to prevent melting while being carried in a pocket or from the sun. Some of our lip balm products also include sunscreen to provide protection from the sun.
Q7. Has Carmex changed formula recently?
- The purity and consistency of our ingredients are, in some instances, better and more pure than they were years ago. This increase in quality can change some of the original characteristics of the ingredient. For instance, lanolin of years ago was darker and sometimes smelled musty; today’s light-yellow lanolin is almost odorless.
Q8. What’s the difference between Carmex Cold Sore Treatment and Carmex Original Lip Balm?
- Carmex Cold Sore Treatment is designed solely for your cold sore—and not a treatment for your entire lip. Just a dab works inside and out. Benzocaine relieves pain and itch, and our unique TriPLEX Formula smoothes and fills to make your cold sore less noticeable.
Q9. Can I use Carmex Original Lip Balm with Carmex Cold Sore Treatment?
- Yes. Carmex Original Lip Balm can help moisturize your lips, especially during the scab stage of a cold sore.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product