Blistex lip medex, lip moisturizer - 12 x 0.25 oz
- Blistex Lip Medex, a Cooling medication for fast relief
- Blistex Helps lips restore healthy moisture balance
- Relief for Dryness: Lip Medex provides a special barrier that helps lip cells return to their natural moisture balance
- Cooling Relief: Lip Medex medicated ingredients deliver a noticeable and immediate cooling action to provide fast relief from the hot, itching sensations that accompany sore lips
- Sore Lips: Lip Medex's medicated ingredients deliver a noticeable and immediate cooling action to provide fast relief from the hot, itching sensations that accompany sore lips.
- Serious Dryness: Lip Medex provides a special barrier that helps lip cells return to their natural moisture balance.
- Active Ingredients: Camphor (1%, External Analgesic), Menthol (1%, External Analgesic), Petrolatum (59.14%, Lip Protectant), Phenol (0.54%, External Analgesic)
- Inactive Ingredients: Beeswax, Benzyl Alcohol, Disopropyl Adipate, Flavors, Fragrances, Menthoxypropanediol, Microcrystalline Wax, Myristyl Myristate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Saccharin, Theobroma Cacao Seed Powder
- Apply liberally and evenly, covering lips thoroughly
- Adults and children age 2 and older: Apply up to 4 times daily
- Children under 2 years old: Consult a physician
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes
- If condition worsens, or symptoms persist for more than 7 days, or clear up and occur again within a few days, discontinue use and consult a physician
- Do not apply over large areas of the body
- As with all products, a few individuals may be sensitive or allergic to this formula
- Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children
Customer Question & Answers:
What makes lip care different from skin care?
Unlike ordinary skin, lip tissue is mucous membrane. The outer layer of the lip (or stratum corneum) is extremely thin or even completely absent in most people. As a result, moisture evaporates from the lips much faster than from ordinary skin causing lips to dry out easily. This dryness frequently results in chapping and cracking, and increases the risk of inflammation, infection and burning sensations.
How do I protect my lips from the sun?
Lips have little or no melanin, the natural skin pigment that screens out the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays. Sun damage can alter collagen (which gives lips body and resilience) and can even lead to melanoma. Lips should be protected from the sun with a product that contains a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or more. It is also important to remember that the sun's harmful rays are always present whether it's July or January, sunny or cloudy.
An SPF number indicates how many times longer a person can stay in the sun before beginning to burn while wearing a sunscreen, as compared to how long it would normally take to burn. For example, SPF 15 provides 15 times lips' natural protection against UVB rays.
Blistex lip care products that contain sunscreens include: Blistex Lip Protectant Herbal Answer SPF,
Do lips need to be protected indoors?
It's a good idea to work lip protection into your daily skin care regimen whether you spend time outdoors or not. Outdoor factors such as sun, wind and cold can speed up the rate of lip moisture loss. What you may not realize is that lips frequently suffer indoors from a lack of moisture in centrally heated or air-conditioned rooms in which the relative humidity is low. Dryness is also the enemy when a winter cold or flu strikes. Lip irritation can even be caused by certain types of food, cosmetics and cigarette smoke
While protection is great, how do I heal already chapped lips?
If your lips get chapped, time is of the essence. The sooner you attend to them the faster they will heal. For both seriously dry lips, and even for treatment of cold sores, Blistex recommends using a medicated product, like Blistex Lip Ointment, that contains penetrating analgesics to bring cooling relief to lips and moisturizing ingredients to rehydrate lips.
Should lip balm be worn under or over lipstick?
Lip balm or ointment works best when worn under lipstick, which allows protective ingredients to be in direct contact with the lips. Using a moisturizing lip care product before lipstick application will help color go on more evenly.
Note: Image and Description may vary from actual product due to Continuous manufacturer Product updates. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.