Q1. What VO5 product should I use if I have dry, brittle hair?
- Start with NEW VO5 Salon Series Total Hair Recovery Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. This power-packed intensive treatment helps restore your hair to beautiful condition, leaving it super-soft, ultra-manageable, and instantly gorgeous. Follow up on a weekly basis with VO5 Hot Oil Treatment. In addition, use VO5 Salon Series Hydrate + Nourish every day to add replenishing moisture and healthy luster to your hair.
Q2. What VO5 product should I use if I’m looking to regain moisture to my hair?
- Use a leave-in conditioner daily, in addition to your daily rinse-out conditioner. Try NEW VO5 Salon Series Simply Stunning Leave In Conditioner to hydrate your hair and protect it from the elements. In addition, use VO5 Salon Series Hydrate + Nourish every day to add replenishing moisture and healthy luster to your hair.
Q3. What VO5 product should I use if I’m looking to add shine to dull hair?
- To keep hair in its best condition and increase its shine, use either Hot Oil or Hot Oil Shower Works Treatment for one minute at least once a week. Works with the heat of your shower. Easy! Also, use VO5 Salon Series Full Body + Shine daily with coconut oil and salon conditioning agents that weightlessly coat and plump each hair strand to deliver a visible boost.
Q4. What VO5 product should I use if my frizzy hair is out of control?
- You need a total regimen to control your frizz; this is especially important for women with thick and naturally curly hair. Try NEW VO5 Salon Series Anti-Frizz and Shine Styling Cream. There are a multitude of options in the VO5 conditioning treatment lineup, so try different combinations to pick the best routine for you. In addition, using VO5 Salon Series Smooth + Sleek every day, with its unique smoothing complex, helps frizzy, unruly hair become manageable and smooth.
Q5. How do I stop my hair color from fading?
- Keep your color a little longer! Water is the primary culprit for color fade. Make sure you’re using a nourishing shampoo and conditioner and swap your regular showerhead for one with a filter, which reduces color fading agents found in water. Use VO5 Salon Series Color Shield + Radiance every day to lock in color and shine. With a UV blocker, your hair is protected from the sun and color treated hair stays healthy and vibrant.
Q6. I’ve heard to not condition my roots. Is this true?
- No matter what type of hair you have, you do not need conditioner there. Roots are close to the oil glands and that’s plenty of lubrication. Besides, roots don’t get damaged like the rest of the tresses.
- Apply conditioner at the nape of your neck and work up and through hair, concentrating on the ends. DO make sure you completely coat your ends with conditioner. DO rinse with cool water to help seal the cuticle and lock in more shine.
Q7. How do I dry my hair without damaging it?
- Pressing your dryer directly on your hair will not dry it faster or make it straighter. This technique causes the hair shaft to expand and the outer layer to curl up, which produces a fuzzy look. Wrap your hair in a towel until it is about halfway dry. Then, hold your dryer five inches away from your hair, aiming from roots to ends.
Q8. When straightening my curly hair with a flat iron, should I use a leave-in conditioner?
- Flat Irons can damage hair, but consumer testing has shown that by using our NEW VO5 Salon Series Simply Stunning Leave-in Conditioner you can actually use a flat iron less or sometimes not at all to achieve straight hair. If you do need to use a flat iron, combat damage by spritzing VO5 Salon Series Simply Stunning Leave-in Conditioner on each hair “chunk” before putting the flat iron on it.
Q9. Do all hair types need to use a conditioning treatment at least monthly?
- From blow-drying to coloring, from flat irons to swimming, we all do things that are damaging and dulling to our hair. No matter your hair type, everyone should pamper their stressed hair at least once a month with VO5 Hot Oils or VO5 Salon Series Conditioning Hair Mask to help restore it to its best condition.